The Forum will be headlined by Georgia United States Senator Johnny Isakson and the U.S. Senator from Tennessee Bob Corker, on September 16th, at the Marietta Conference Center.
Isakson began his business career in 1967 when he opened the first Cobb County office of a small, family-owned real estate business, Northside Realty. He later served as president of Northside for 20 years, presiding over the company’s growth into the largest independent residential real estate brokerage company in the Southeast and one of the largest in America.
In 2002 then-Mayor Corker announced a plan to completely reshape the face of Chattanooga through the 21st Century Waterfront Plan. After asking for community input, the result was a plan that changed the downtown for the better. Corker worked to establish a $120 million trust to fund the endeavor which came from revenue by taxes paid by visitors and from local donations. This entire effort was completed and left no financial burden on the citizens.
Through his determination and collaboration with many in the Chattanooga community, Senator Corker, as Mayor, led a revitalization that spanned the economic, aesthetic, and educational lines of the City. He brought people from all walks of life together with a common goal of improving their community and the results have been outstanding.
Moderator: Dr. Dan Papp, Kennesaw State University
- Jerome Russell, President, HJ Russell & Company
- Rob Hosack, Director, Cobb County Community Development
- Mason Zimmerman, Chairman, Council for Quality Growth, Chairman, Vice President, Pope and Land, Town Center CID, Member, Cumberland CID
Panel #2: Finance/Incentives- Bond Vote
Moderator: Heath Garrett, Comm 360
- Thunder Tumlin, Mayor, City of Marietta
- Randy Weiner, Board Chairman, Marietta City Schools
- Charles Whatley, Managing Director, UrbanIS
Panel #3: South Cobb Redevelopment Efforts
Moderator: Tal Wright, Comm 360
- Lisa Cupid, Commissioner, Cobb County
- Dale Kaetzel, Park President, Six Flags over Georgia and Whitewater
- Dan McRae, Partner, Seyfarth Shaw