- Support measures to expand and streamline the operation of metro Atlanta’s transit systems and those across the state.
- Support policies that seek to enhance Georgia’s freight & logistics infrastructure.
- Support state funding allocation to Georgia Department of Transportation’s Freight Rail Program and projects recommendation from E-Commerce & Freight Infrastructure Funding Commission.
- Support increased funding to the Georgia Transportation Infrastructure Bank (GTIB), with additional investment specifically directed to projects sponsored by Community Improvement Districts and/or local governments.
- Support efforts to identify and eliminate legal or regulatory impediments to incentivize the growth of public-private partnerships and other privately financed alternatives
- Oppose any legislation that seeks to repeal any portion of House Bill 170, the “Transportation Funding Act of 2015”
Water and Land Use and Environmental Regulation
- Promote effective water management policy to ensure adequate sources of clean water to meet the needs of Georgia’s growing population and businesses.
- Support legislation that allows for greater flexibility in use of land that has water bodies on it and encourage efficiency in the permitting process.
- Continue support of the Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District, including additional funding to ensure adequate sources of clean water for metro Atlanta’s future growth and quality of life.
- Continue support of the existing brownfield programs, including additional funding.
- Support legislation that enables the industry’s ability to develop in a quality and cost-effective manner.
Economic Development and Job Creation
- Advocate for legislation that creates enhanced tax incentives to encourage redevelopment of land not being properly utilized and for business growth.
- Support legislation that incentivizes 21st century infrastructure and promotes investment in Georgia’s economy.
- Support legislation that focuses on economic development tools to guide affordable housing creation.
- Support economic development tools and incentives to create, recruit and retain businesses.
- Support any legislation that continues or enhances the current structure and functions of Community Improvement Districts and Development Authorities.
- Promote policies that would positively impact our business climate and are not discriminatory in nature
- Oppose legislation that imposes additional restrictions on the development, banking, and business communities.
- Oppose legislation that infringes on Georgia citizens’ property rights.