- Oppose any legislation that seeks to repeal any portion of House Bill 170, the “Transportation Funding Act of 2015”;
- Support legislation that clarifies technical processes but doesn’t infringe on the core mission and purpose of the ATL Authority (HB 930, 2018).
- Support policies that seek to enhance Georgia’s freight & logistics infrastructure;
- Support state funding allocation to Georgia Department of Transportation’s Freight Rail Program and projects recommendation from freight & logistics study reports
- Support legislation that increases funding to the Georgia Transportation Infrastructure Bank (GTIB), with additional investment specifically directed to transportation projects sponsored by Community Improvement Districts and/or local governments.
- Support efforts to identify and eliminate legal or regulatory impediments to incentivize the growth of public-private partnerships and other privately financed alternatives to traditional methods of the procurement, design, construction, improvement, renovation, expansion, equipping, maintenance, operation, implementation, installation, and financing of infrastructure and government facilities within this state that serve a public need and purpose.
Water and Land Use and Environmental Regulation
- Promote effective water management policy to ensure adequate sources of clean water to meet the needs of Georgia’s growing population and businesses;
- Continue support of the Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District, including additional funding;
- Support legislation that allows for greater flexibility in use of land that has water bodies on it and encourage efficiency in the permitting process;
- Continue support of the existing brownfield programs, including additional funding;
- Oppose legislation that restricts the industry’s ability to develop in a quality and cost-effective manner.
Economic Development and Job Creation
- Oppose any legislation that limits the current structure and functions of Community Improvement Districts and Development Authorities;
- Promote reasonable and effective short-term rental regulations;
- Advocate for legislation that creates enhanced tax incentives to encourage redevelopment of land not being properly utilized and for business growth;
2021 Georgia General Assembly Legislative Priorities
- Support economic development tools and incentives to create, recruit and retain businesses;
- Oppose policies that would negatively impact our business climate or can be perceived as discriminatory in nature
- Support legislation that incentivizes 21st century infrastructure and promotes investment in Georgia’s economy;
- Support legislation that focuses on economic development tools to guide affordable housing creation;
- Oppose legislation that imposes additional restrictions on the development, banking and business communities;
- Oppose legislation that infringes on Georgia citizens’ property rights.