The Atlanta Regional Roundtable Executive Committee met on Thursday, August 4th. The committee approved six transit projects as a starting point for further discussion. These projects include:
- Clifton corridor MARTA route – $700 million
- Atlanta Beltline streetcars – $600 million
- Atlanta to Cumberland northwest corridor, light rail – $825 million
- MARTA state of good repair – $500 million
- Restore Clayton County local bus service – $100 million
- I-85 northeast corridor preliminary study and planning – $100 million
On a further motion, the Executive Committee added $180 million for the Georgia Regional Transportation Authority Xpress bus system to continue operation at its current level. The Committee further agreed to ask staff to continue to study seven other transit projects for evaluation by the full roundtable.
The Executive Committee must produce a draft transportation project list constrained at $6.14 billion by August 11th for the full 21-member Atlanta Regional Roundtable to vote on and approve by October 13th. You can learn more at the links below.