Don Rosenthal, Director of the Office of Buildings, has scheduled the Advisory Committee’s organizational meeting to occur on Thursday, September 20, 2012 at 9:00 a.m., at City Hall in the Mayor’s Cabinet Room.
The appointments to the committee are for a term of two years with the members of the Committee providing advice and counsel to the Commissioner of Planning and Community Development and Director of Office of Buildings on policies, management and oversight of the Enterprise Fund.
Many thanks are in order for Mayor Reed for his continued commitment to reform the city’s building permit process and his leadership on this issue. The Council would also like to thank our affiliate members, Robert Broome, Penny Round, David Ellis, Erin Hall and Council members Kevin Curry, Scott Selig and Steve Roos for helping make this Committee a success. We would also like to thank those who have agreed to serve for their sacrifice and willingness to serve.
As a reminder, the nominees included:
- Joe Wilber, of Gables Residential, nominated by the American Apartment Association;
- Dennis McConnell, a home builder, nominated by the Greater Atlanta Homebuilders Association;
- Katherine Molyson, of Cousins Properties, nominated Council for Quality Growth;
- Scott Selig, of Selig Enterprises, nominated by the International Council of Shopping Centers;
- Kevin O’Sullivan, of Cohen, Pollock Merlin and Small, nominated by BOMA ;
- Kevin Curry, of Selig Enterprises, nominated by the Atlanta Commercial Board of Realtors;
- Angela Priest, of Kimley Horn, nominated by the American Council of Engineers;
- Charles Taylor, a real estate lawyer and developer, appointed by the mayor;
- Scott Taylor, president of Carter, appointed by the mayor.
The Council for Quality Growth would like to thank Katherine Molyson of Cousins Properties for representing our organization as well as all of the other individuals who have agreed to serve.