The Metro Water District has released the draft Water Resources Management Plan for public comment. The Metro Water District is seeking public review and comment on the draft plan from July 27, 2022, to August 26, 2022. Comments may be submitted to PlanUpdate@northgeorgiawater.com.
A virtual meeting on the draft plan will be held on August 16, 2022, at 1 p.m. using Zoom. Access the meeting here: Zoom Meeting Link,
Meeting ID: 812 8522 1444 Passcode 238690
Draft Water Resource Management Plan Documents:
- Draft 2022 Water Resource Management Plan
- Draft Appendix A: River Basin Profiles
- Draft Appendix B: County-Level Summaries
- Draft Appendix C: Local Public Education Programs: Activities, Key Education Focus Areas and Target Audiences
- Draft Model Ordinance for Local Drought Response & Water Waste
- Draft Model Ordinance for Water Efficiency Code Requirements
This Water Resource Management Plan (Plan) presents an integrated approach to water resource management for the 15-county Metropolitan North Georgia Water Planning District (the District). The Plan brings together in one document the plans for Water Supply and Conservation, Wastewater Management and Watershed Management for the region. It describes existing conditions and projects future conditions of the region’s water resources and its water, wastewater, and watershed management infrastructure. This Plan is driven by science, data, and good stewardship, and it promotes the protection of water resources for the purposes of supply, quality, and recreation in the region and downstream. The Plan prescribes water resource management strategies that support the region’s economic, environmental, and social well-being.