The DeKalb County Department of Planning and Sustainability has hired Eric Woods as the new Building Development Administrator. The job description of this position includes the following:
- Direction and management of the Building Permitting and Inspections operations for the Department
- Ensures code compliance by managing permitting, structural plans review and zoning review and inspections
- Interprets code specifications, reviews and approves construction plans, and communicates code requirement matters with the affected party
- Develops and implements inspection procedures and policies
- Monitors and measures workflow
Eric Woods comes frm a background of 30 years of code inspection and permitting experience in the public and private sectors. He has obtained the Master Code Professional distinction which is the highest level of code expertise recognized by the International Code Council.