Atlanta City Council President Ceasar Mitchell announced his appointments for City Council committee chairmen this past Monday, January 6th. Because a council president typically cannot vote on pending legislation, this decision is considered one of the most powerful ways President Mitchell can determine the course of his term and wield power.
- City Utilities Committee – District 5 Councilwoman Natalyn M. Archibong
- Public Safety Committee – District 10 Councilman C.T. Martin
- Community Development/Human Resources – Post 3 At-Large Councilman Andre Dickens
- Transportation Committee – District 9 Councilwoman Felicia Moore
- Zoning Committee – District 8 Councilwoman Yolanda Adrean
- Finance Committee – District 6 Councilman Alex Wan
- Committee on Council – Post 2 At-Large Councilwoman Mary Norwood