Michael Alexander, the Atlanta Regional Commission’s Research Division Chief, delivered a fascinating and informative presentation on socioeconomic and demographic trends in Cobb County and metro Atlanta to Council members at the Council’s Cobb County Advisory Committee.
Through an interactive presentation, Alexander highlighted the changing demographic and socioeconomic trends that developers and government officials should consider when planning for future investment and development the metro Atlanta region. This information covered a wide range of variables, including:
- Population growth trends on the metro, regional, and national level;
- Changes in diversity throughout the metro region;
- Age demographics and expected trends across cities and counties in metro Atlanta;
- Correlations between life expectancy and geographic location
- Educational attainment and disparity;
- Employment growth trends, including industry breakdown of employment by industry type;
- Shifts in home ownership and foreclosures; and
- Forecasts of how the metro region will change in the future based on demographic and socioeconomic trends
To view the full presentation, click here.
To learn more about the Atlanta Regional Commission, click here.
The Council for Quality Growth would like to thank Michael Alexander for speaking to Council members, and we look forward to working with him in the future to provide this valuable information to our members in the future.