One of the benefits of the Cherokee Advisory is the close proximity to county and city staff that the meetings allow. This past year, Council Members have been treated to a presentation with lunch and a walking tour of the city with Woodstock’s Mayor, Economic Development Director, Community Development Director and City Manager. Members have also enjoyed a behind-the-scenes tour of the new Cherokee Aquatic Center and the latest outlet mall in the County.
In the past, the Cherokee Advisory Committee hosted the following leaders:
- Cherokee County Chairman Buzz Ahrens
- Canton Mayor Gene Hobgood
- Holly Springs Mayor Tim Downing
- Woodstock Mayor Donnie Henriques
- Woodstock City Manager Jeff Moon, Economic Development Director Brian Stockton, and former Community Development Director Jessica Guinn
- Holly Springs Community Development Director Nancy Moon