The House Legislative & Congressional Reapportionment Committee, chaired by State Representative Bonnie Rich (R-Suwanee), and the Senate Reapportionment and Redistricting Committee, chaired by State Senator John F. Kennedy (R-Macon), will hold a series of joint town hall hearings across the state of Georgia. Additional details regarding the public comment hearing locations will be forthcoming available soon. The next three in-person hearings locations has been set follows:
- Monday, June 28, 2021, from 5 – 7 p.m. in room 341 of the State Capitol;
- Tuesday, June 29, 2021, from 5 – 7 p.m. at South Forsyth High School (Cafeteria) in Cumming;
- Wednesday, June 30, 2021, from 5 – 7 p.m. at the Goodroe Auditorium at Dalton State College.
During each town hall-style hearing, members of the committees will hear and receive input from residents regarding the state’s redistricting process. Georgia residents may also submit written testimony via an online form; to submit a written comment, please click here.
These in-person public hearings will be livestreamed and archived at www.legis.ga.gov.
The remaining scheduled public hears are below, with additional details regarding locations to be available soon.
- Tuesday, July 6, 2021, from 5 – 7 p.m. in Athens;
- Wednesday, July 7, 2021, from 5 – 7 p.m. in Augusta;
- Monday, July 26, 2021, from 5 – 7 p.m. in Brunswick;
- Tuesday, July 27, 2021, from 5 – 7 p.m. in Albany;
- Wednesday, July 28, 2021, from 5 – 7 p.m. in Columbus;
- Thursday, July 29, 2021, from 5 – 7 p.m. in Macon;
- Friday, July 30, 2021, from 5 – 7 p.m. via virtual participation only