2017 brought many new changes in leadership around the Region, including new Chairman in Cobb, Douglas, Fayette, Henry, Rockdale and a new CEO in DeKalb. You can now add a new Chairman in Forsyth, as sitting Commissioner Todd Levent was unanimously elected to a one-year term as Chairman of the Forsyth Board of Commissioners.
Additionally, Commissioner Kathie Gannon was elected to serve as the Presiding Officer of the DeKalb County Board of Commissioners for a one-year term.
As a reminder, other newly elected County Chairman around the Region include:
- Cobb County Chairman Mike Boyce
- DeKalb County CEO Michael Thurmond
- Douglas County Chairman Ramona-Jackson Jones
- Fayette County Chairman Eric Maxwell
- Henry County Chairman June Wood
- Rockdale County Chairman Oz Nesbitt
- Paulding County Chairman Dave Carmichael
Congratulations to those who have been elected to serve and the Council looks forward to working with all of our Region’s elected policymakers as we advocate for balanced and responsible growth.